What utilities are included with my rent and do I need a Con Ed Account?

Typically heat and hot water are included in the rent and tenants are responsible for electricity and gas. In order to be provided electricity and gas service (gas range stoves), incoming tenants in Manhattan are required to contact Consolidated Edison to set up a new account (1-800-752-6633). Tenants in Brooklyn may also need to set up an account with National Grid for gas service. If you fail to take the requisite steps to arrange for electricity and gas service in your apartment, your energy service provider may shut off your power and/or require you to pay several months of usage and interest with penalties due therein.


Read our web accessibility statement